Webinar - Transforming, Sandboxing, Repurposing Learning Spaces for Nurturing Creative Learning, Creative Learners: Lessons Learned from the Learning Spaces Collaboratory Experience
3:30 - 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Jeanne L. Narum, Principal - Learning Spaces Collaboratory
- Meredith Bostwick-Lorenzo Eiroa, Associate Director – Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Leticia Britos Cavagnaro, Deputy Director of the National Center for Engineering Pathways to Innovation (Epicenter) and Lecturer at Hasso Plattner Institute of Design - Stanford University
- Russell G. Carpenter, Director, Noel Studio for Academic Creativity and Program Director, Minor in Applied Creative Thinking - Eastern Kentucky University
This webinar will be an opportunity to:
- gain insights and practical advice about how to transform and repurpose spaces to nurture the capacity of learners to become agents of their own learning, creative thinkers and problem-solvers, striving explorers, informed trailblazers, risk-takers engaged in out-of-the-box thinking.
- learn about a team-based approach to imagining such spaces, capturing the experience of participants in a March workshop (LSC/Epicenter/NCIIA) at the d.school at Stanford.
- be introduced to new vocabulary and lenses for exploring how different kinds of on-campus learning spaces can be construed as a "space for creativity," capturing provocative ideas from the LSC project on creativity funded by the Sloan Foundation.
- be inspired by photos and stories from the field to reimagine how planning happens when there is a shared vision about how learning happens and about the nature and affordances of spaces that serve societal and institutional goals for what students should become.
Registration fee per institution: $125. This fee includes access to a recording of the webinar. To register and learn more, visit http://pkallsc.org/.
comments powered by Disqus1357 page views